Welcome, once again, to swimsuit season.
As customers become more conscious about their health (and, perhaps, their love handles), offering delicious-yet-nutritious options on your restaurant menu is now at its most crucial since, well, since New Year’s Resolutions peaked and petered out…
-Fortunately, you don’t have to overhaul your entire menu to cater to health-conscious diners. By incorporating healthy cooking methods, highlighting healthy meal options, and staying up-to-date with the latest health food trends, you can help your customers meet their health goals while preserving (-or, ideally, elevating) that lip-smackin’ finger-lickin’ yummm-factor requisite for any worthwhile dining-out experience.
Read along below for a bona fide abundance of tips and tricks catered specifically toward turning your restaurant into every health-conscious foodie’s standard summer spot!
Incorporating Healthy Cooking Methods
- Give customers the choice to swap out sides and customize their meals.
- Offer grilled, roasted, or steamed options instead of fried dishes.
- Healthier cooking methods retain flavor while reducing unnecessary fats and calories—but the proof, as they say, is in the puddin’. Work with your cook staff to perfect these dishes, allotting ample time to perfect potentially unfamiliar culinary/prep styles, or beware the disappointment of dine-out duds.
Highlighting Nutritious Meal Options
- Create a dedicated section for healthy meals on your menu.
- Use icons or labels to easily identify nutritious options; bonus points if you have an app or website with interactive capabilities!
- Include key nutritional information such as calories, protein, and carbs to aid informed decision-making.
Popular Choices for Healthy/Tasty Eats
- Salads: Fresh and vibrant options with a variety of ingredients—get creative!
- Grilled chicken: Lean protein with a flavorful twist.
- Shrimp skewers: Delicious, filling, and low in calories to boot.
- Soft shell tacos: A lighter alternative with all manner of flavorful fillings.
- Power bowls: Nourishing and balanced meals packed with nutrients.
Make Your Restaurant Menu a Reflection of Current Health Food Trends
- Plant-based options: Cater to the growing demand for vegetarian and vegan dishes.
- Cultured meat: Offer innovative and sustainable alternatives to traditional meat.
- Gluten- or grain-free options: Accommodate those with dietary restrictions.
- “Mocktails”: Provide refreshing and alcohol-free beverages for health-conscious patrons.
- Seafood galore: Showcase seafood dishes known for their health benefits.
- Natural sweeteners: Explore alternatives like honey or maple syrup.
- Low-carb options: Appeal to those following low-carb or keto diets.
- Mood-boosting foods: Incorporate ingredients known for their positive impact on mood.
- Fermented foods: Tap into the rising popularity of probiotics and gut health.
Over 5,000 Products For Your Home or Business
At H.C. Walterhoefer, we have over 5,000 products ranging from paper goods to cleaning supplies to meet your personal or business needs. If you want something that we do not offer in our store, just ask us for it, and we will do our best to get it for you. Our store has everything you need! Stop by today to get supplies for your next event, all your restaurant needs, and the best cleaning products at the best prices. We even deliver! So call us today at 410-368-5070. We are located at 2331 Washington Blvd., Baltimore, MD 21230 and we are open from Monday to Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+ to stay up to date with everything H.C. Walterhoefer.